This weekend we received an adoption application that ended with this comment:
"I apologize but I am not going to have you call my family and friends to see what kind of person I am in order to provide a kitty with a home. This application already asks for to much as it is!"
And while she was pleasant about it, I cannot agree that our application asks for too much as it is.
We ask for:
- Contact Info
- List of pets you've owned in the last 10 years
- Do you want indoor or outdoor cat?
- What is the reason for your this lifestyle choice (indoor / outdoor)?
- Why do you want a cat?
- What are the ages of the members of your household
- Who will be responsible for the care of the cat?
- Do you have a vet and if so, their name and contact info
- Do you rent or own, if you rent do you have your landlords permission?
- Do you plan to move in the next 12 months?
- How much time do you have to spend with a new pet?
- Are you prepared to provide a home to this cat for 15+ years?
- Are there any other animals in the home?
- Where will your new cat stay?
- Why would you give up your new pet?
- How will your pet be cared for when you are out of town?
- Would you ever consider declawing your cat, if so under what circumstances?
- How much time do you estimate spending with your new cat?
- How much do you estimate caring for your new cat will cost?
- How often do you think a cat should go to the vet for routine care?
- Please provide 3 references
This was the email response I just sent: